Header Ads

SHORT STORY: Dry Sweat

He repeated not less than 40 pages, then he left. How will i do this, i kept thinking, as i pondered my friend Ikechukwu tapped me, Wise1 how are we gonna do this research assignment. I told him i was still thinking about that, so we agreed to visit the cafe in the evening, but i am not we cash i told Ik, who told me he is gonna lend me some money. We later went on with the research for about 2 weeks, browsing, editing, testing our cases studies. Finally it was the D day for submission, summit your research assignment Prof. Kojo demanded before he commenced the class, after everyone has submitted he continued with the lectures. After class that day i received a call from Austine the general course rep, who informed me Prof. Kojo wanted to see me the next day. After the call went dead, i had several thoughts running through my minds, ah whats wrong? Why does Prof. kojo want to see me or has he observed a similarity of my work in Ikechukwu's project since he just photocopied my work? Althrough the night i could sleep properly, cause i know what it is to face Prof. Kojo.
At last the morning came, i took my bath, brushed and changed to a nice attire, i tried to make sure i don't look skeptical.
At last i was at the School of Business building, straight away i found my way to office number 103, i became tired as a result of the staircase i climbed getting to this point, i tried to refresh my self a bit, then i knocked at Prof. kojo's office, he was having a visitor, so i had to wait for about an hour & thirty minutes, as last i was with Prof. Kojo,  i greeted him with my shrinked voice, after we exchanged pleasantries, i told him why i had come, so he ask me my name, when i told him, he brought out my work & showed me the mistakes on it and told me what to do.
I collected my work from him, and immediately dashed to the cafe to do the corrections, after about 2 hours plus in the cafe, i went back to his office submitted the work and went straight to the lecture hall, i was already late so i had to stand at the back and listen to the lecturer at that point, what ran through my minds were, what if Prof. Kojo rejected this again?
What if he sees other mistakes?
After class that day i decided to remain in the lecture hall to finish up a book i already started 3 days back, since the owner needed her books back.
At last i was through but it was about few minutes after the hour of six, i had to stop at the bank in the school so that i can withdraw some cash since my brother sent some cash in the money, and i needed to prepare dinner in other not to sleep with an empty stomach.
I am done with withdrawing i headed for the school gate, outside the school, i decided to buy roasted corn, when i paid the woman, i got home opened the nylon to eat the corn then i discovered something that left me mute and in awe for minutes.
Guess what?
The paper the woman used to wrap the corn was bearing my name, it was the project i submitted to Prof. Kojo. Ah why na?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.